After you've set up shipping zones for where you want to ship your products, you can choose the methods you'll use to get your customers' orders to them. You can offer several shipping options for a zone so your customers can choose from a range of delivery speeds and costs at checkout.
Shipping methods is where you define the prices and give your customers options on delivery. You could define a Same Day Delivery where you charge more than for a Standard Delivery which may take a couple of days to get delivered.
To add a shipping method
- From the main menu, go to Configuration
- Click on Shipping Methods
- Enter a name for this method and select a shipping category. If you have more than one shipping category, here you will need to select the appropriate category. For example for glass items and fragile items, you can define different rates.
- For the Category Requirement, you have 3 options
- None of the units have to match the method category
This method will be always available for checkout
- At least 1 unit has to match the method category
This method will be available for checkout if the cart contains at least 1 item from the shipping category selected above
- All units has to match the method category
This method will be available for checkout if all the items in the cart are from the shipping category selected above
- For the Rate Calculator, you have 2 options
- Flat rate per shipment
The rate you define will be for the entire order.
- Flat rate per unit
The rate you define will be for individual items in the order (this comes handy when you deal with large items, where each item needs to be charged for delivery)
- Enter the rate
- Select the shipping zone where this method will be available. For example, Same-day Delivery may just be available for a certain region.
- If you need your customers to order before a certain time for this shipping method to be available, you can enter the Order Before field with 24 hours based time format
- Click Save
The shipping methods you define are matched against the user's shipping zone, current time, shipping category of the items in the cart, and displayed in the checkout process for the customer to select.